ROAD MAINTENANCE FOREMAN JOB IN COUNTY OF VERMILION
County of Vermilion River
Job Category :
Job Type :
County of Vermilion
Salary and Benefits :
ROAD MAINTENANCE FOREMAN
The County of Vermilion River is seeking a highly motivated person to join our safety oriented team as a Road Maintenance Foreman.
Reporting to the Road Maintenance/Gravel Supervisor, this full time permanent position will coordinate and supervise the road maintenance operations and repairs of the CVR road system (repairs, snow removal, culverts, drainage and signage).
- Minimum 5 years experience in municipal road maintenance program along with project/ supervisory/leadership/experience.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills are required.
- Time and priority management is essential, as is working knowledge of
Microsoft Office 365.
- Outstanding communications and public relations skills.
- Road Maintenance: prioritize, coordinate and supervise road maintenance projects; coordinate equipment and ongoing repairs and maintenance; ensure a safe work environment; provide regular reports on activities and plans; assist with approach inspections, bridge repairs, yearly road bans; investigate complaints and implement solutions.
- Supervise Snow Plow and Plow Truck Operators: provide support, leadership and guidance to the team of operators.
- Signs and Culverts: coordinate maintenance and installation of roadside signs and the steaming, replacement and installation of culverts as required.
- On call duties as required.
- Assist with other Public Works functions as required.
A competitive salary and comprehensive municipal benefits package is available. The successful candidate will be required to provide a criminal record check and drivers abstract. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Competition will remain open until suitable candidate is found. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Applications clearly marked: “CONFIDENTIAL—Road Maintenance Foreman” can be submitted by November 13, 2020 to: Human Resources Manager, County of Vermilion River 4912-50 Avenue, Box 69 Kitscoty, AB T0B 2P0 Email:email@example.com