The City of Camrose is seeking a dynamic and highly motivated Manager of Roads to join our dedicated and committed Public Works team within the Infrastructure and Planning department. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Public Works, the Manager is responsible for the management, operations and administrative functions of the City’s road infrastructure.
- Oversee, direct and provide supervisor leadership to Roads employees including but not limited to scheduling of work, hiring, training, direction and employee and labour relations, etc.
- Prepare, manage and monitor annual budgets and expenditure control for the work unit.
- Ensure roads and right of ways functions, infrastructure maintenance and projects are completes within budget and approved
- Work cooperatively with other City departments and to provides support toward their duties and responsibilities.
- Ensure accurate record keeping, report generation, and responsible budget control on key operational standards and projects, as
required and/or requested.
- Access applicable alternative funding sources and grants in a timely fashion.
- Ensure and facilitate all applicable training programs and related policies, procedures and safety practices are implemented and
- Liaise with the Senior Manager of Public Works on daily matters regarding the Roads work unit.
- Provide strong customer service by cooperatively responding to matters of concern by the public to address their concerns
- Through regular communications, maintain an effective working relationship with other key personnel, including, but not
limited to: City Council, staff and departments, community groups, and related provincial and regional associations.
- Preform other related duties as required.
- A minimum of a Grade 12 diploma combined with 5 years of progressive experience in public works within an operational roads environment, along with significant current knowledge of winter control activities with appropriate use of materials, equipment and budget to effectively manage winter storm events and related activities.
- Must have a strong practical and proven background in municipal public works operations.
- Must have a valid driver’s Class 3 license with airbrakes, or the ability to obtain.
- Knowledge and supervisory experience in a unionized environment is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Fully experienced in the use of MS Office with advanced computer skills.
HOURS OF WORK: Hours of work are generally 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Management duties may require
work outside the core hours of work as part of this role.
SALARY: The City of Camrose offers competitive salary, attractive benefits, and a positive work environment. The starting salary for this position will be dependent upon the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
APPLICATIONS: Individuals interested in this position are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to the email address below or in person by August 15, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. If applying by email, please ensure the position title is included in the subject line. We appreciate all applications; however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
City of Camrose Attention: Human Resources Mailing Address: 5204 – 50 Avenue, Camrose, AB T4V 0S8 P: 780.672.4426 | F: 780.672.2469 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | W: www.camrose.ca