FACILITIES MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR JOB IN PEACE RIVER
Town of Peace River
Job Category :
Job Type :
Salary and Benefits :
$73,029 — $91,718
The Town of Peace River is accepting applications for one (1) permanent, fulltime Facilities Maintenance Supervisor accountable to the Superintendent of Public Works.
Peace River is a progressive urban centre in Northwest Alberta, and is a scenic, growing town that is home to just under 7,000 residents. The community is situated in the Peace River Valley and straddles the banks of the mighty Peace River. The town is within a five hours’ drive north of Edmonton and two hours northeast of Grande Prairie.
Reporting to the Superintendent of Public Works, the Facilities Maintenance Supervisor shall provide leadership and management of the Facilities Maintenance team.
The Facilities Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the following:
• Oversee the maintenance requirements of Town facilities;
• Coordinate janitorial/custodial contracts for Town facilities;
• Coordinate contractors for major facility maintenance including corrective and emergency maintenance;
• Preventative, corrective and emergency maintenance on backup power supply generators and fire pumps.
• Assist the Water/Wastewater Operations department with process maintenance in Water and Wastewater facilities including corrective and emergency repairs;
• Facility HVAC and mechanical systems operations, maintenance and repair;
• Facility electrical systems operations, maintenance and repair;
• Facility structure maintenance and repairs; and
• Fire extinguisher annual inspections. Required Technical Competencies This position shall possess the following:
• Minimum level of formal education required is Grade 12 Diploma;
• Valid Alberta Class 3 driver’s license with air brakes endorsement;
• Clean 5-year drivers abstract;
• Clear Criminal Record Check;
• Experience with hand and mechanical tools;
• Experience in facility maintenance as it relates to electrical, plumbing, carpentry, etc.;
• Experience and operation of light/heavy equipment in relation to various facility equipment;
• Ability to lift 50lbs regularly throughout the day;
• Fluent and familiar with computer word processing, work order and spreadsheet programs;